WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE WE ARE A B CORP-CERTIFIED COMPANY!
We are honored to join over 4,000 other companies in working to create more transparent and sustainable business practices!
If you’re familiar with us, you know we have long been known for our sustainability efforts. By becoming a B Corp Certified Company, we are further committing to operating as a force for good by maintaining continued efforts on environmental and socio-economic levels.
WE IMPLEMENT SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES IN NEARLY EVERY ASPECT OF BUSINESS
From the beginning, Dancing Goats® Coffee has been committed to producing outstanding coffee and doing more than our competitors. We wanted to do more for our farmers, more for our customers, and more for our environment. When running the day-to-day business of our company, we’ve used the same attention to detail that we put into perfecting each of our coffees. Dancing Goats® Coffee was the first 100% green-powered coffee roaster in the United States. As we grow our company, we will continue to have even more opportunities to exemplify what a business can do when it focuses on community and sustainability.
- Batdorf & Bronson® Coffee Roasters becomes the first green-powered coffee roaster in America.
- 4kW photovoltaic panel to produce solar energy to power computers and phones installed at the Olympia roastery.
- 10-year contract to purchase 100% renewable energy for all Batdorf & Bronson® locations is signed.
- Reduced our one-yard dumpster to a 95 gallon can.
- Batdorf & Bronson® receives award for Pollution Prevention & Sustainable Business Practices from the Governor of the State of Washington.
- Batdorf & Bronson® is awarded the founding member in the EPA's Green Power Partnership.
- Joins with major Washington utilities and broadcasters on a Green Power Awareness campaign. Over 5,000 consumers sign up to purchase renewable energy in response and receive a coffee gift from Batdorf & Bronson®. Campaign wins national award for marketing.
- Installed low-flow toilets at our Olympia roastery, saving 250 gallons of water a day.
- Contract signed to use Green-E logo on coffee packaging, signifying the use of 100% renewable energy. Retail locations begin using compostable corn resin cold cups instead of plastic.
- Maintenance Engineer, Jim Unzicker became a Master Recycler Composter (MRC), trained on how to reduce waste and increase public awareness of opportunities to prevent waste, recycle and compost. MRC volunteers serve with local organizations, community members, neighborhoods, schools, workplaces, or at special events encouraging waste prevention, recycling, and composting. On-going continuing education opportunities are provided to all MRC volunteers to stay up to date on the ever-changing landscape of recycling regulations, waste reduction techniques, and composting science.
- Participated in the 2007 Green Power Awareness Campaign with the utilities of Western Washington and local broadcasters to educate the public on the benefits of renewable energy and increase demand for green power throughout the state of Washington. Over 9000 utility customers signed up for Green Power.
- Introduction of 100% compostable hot and cold to-go cups and 100% recycled paper cup holders. This eco-friendly "Green to Go" program is available to our wholesale customers across the U.S. Batdorf & Bronson® is awarded the Center for Resource Solutions national Beacon Award for Marketing. Company participates in Lemay/Pacific Disposal pilot program for municipal composting for businesses. Batdorf & Bronson's® three retail local retail stores offer biodegradable and corn plastic service ware that turns to compost in 45-60 days.
- Thurston Green Business Award medium business of the year.
- Batdorf & Bronson® became a green business certified business through LeMay/Pacific Disposal.
- With financial incentives from PSE we replace applicable lighting in our Olympia & Decatur retail stores to CFLs.
- Replaced high bay, high-intensity discharge warehouse lights to 4-lamp T5 florescent, saving 19,000 kWh.
- With financial incentives from PSE we replace applicable lighting in our Olympia retail stores to LED.
- Recipient of the Association of Washington Business Award in Environmental Excellence for Sustainable Communities.
- Installed a 9.9 kW solar system on our Olympia warehouse rooftop. Taking advantage of 30% tax credit and a 25% grant from USDA's Rural Energy for America Program (REAP). Participated in a free efficient irrigation check-up for our landscape offered by the City of Olympia. That led to us receiving a new smart irrigation control box and sensor for our landscape. Potentially cutting our water usage in half.
- Rotary Club of Olympia Environmental Protection Award for outstanding service for a safer environment.
- Participated in Earth Month, a community driven campaign to inspire and encourage community member and environmental organizations to connect and collaborate together to increase awareness and involvement during the month of April.
- Our second year of participating in Earth Month, a community driven campaign to inspire and encourage community member and environmental organizations to connect and collaborate together to increase awareness and involvement during the month of April.
- Recipient of the Thurston County Green Business of the Year award - Large Business.
- New single serve coffee option, Steeped Coffee® that incorporates fully compostable packaging with water-based inks that contain no toxic VOCs.
- Partnering with Terracycle we began a program to collect 12oz. and 5lb. coffee bags from wholesale accounts that we deliver to. Terracycle provides a receptacle to collect and ship these bags to be recycled.
- Re-branded the company to Dancing Goats® Coffee.
- Recipient of the Thurston Green Business designation.
- Changed from 'Corporation' business designation registration to 'Social Purpose Corporation' with the State of Washington.
- Made shipments carbon-neutral by funding innovative companies that pull carbon dioxide (CO2) out of the atmosphere and store it.
- Enrolled in Georgia Powers Simple Solar program that supports the growth of solar energy while reducing electric-based carbon footprint. Matching 100% of monthly energy usage with renewable energy credits.
- Became a B Corp Certified Company. B Corp Certified Corporations™ (B Corps™) are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. They meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- Recognized as an EnvironStar business with the City of Tacoma for our commitment to conserving resources and protecting the environment.